Monday, March 4, 2013

Western Roundup

When my husband mentioned (in possibly a joking tone) that he wanted to have a cowboy party, I jumped at the opportunity. First thing is first, I started researching for some inspiration. It is my favorite part to take bits here, bits there, and add my own original aspects to a party. For me there has to be something at a party that people remember.

So here is the setup, and not to toot my own horn but these pictures do NOT do it justice.
 I used the hats that were also for the guests as decor. Double use is a great way to save money.
 I love freezing lemons with some water in a cupcake pan to add to water. It just adds some color and 'fancifies' it.
My husband loves chili so what better than a chili bar with pick-your-own toppings. I really loved adding some lime and avocado for a little Mexican zip.
 I have tried organized games at adult parties before and I think there is a time and a place for that. At this party I wanted there to be the option for entertainment but not too forced. I made this ring toss with lightweight, paper, rings which was great for indoors.
The best way to add to a party is to have guests dress up. I used the hats pictured a few above and these bandannas and everyone needs a sheriff badge!


My husband LOVES root beer so I found it very appropriate to have a root beer keg for root beer floats. It was great and so much fun. I felt like it was one thing that you don't find at every party you attend.
For dessert we had a pie buffet, old fashion apple, marionberry, strawberry, and chocolate ice cream.

We had a really great time. I love how a themed party can bring out the kid in all of us. Till next time. Yeeeeeeehhhaw!

Don't forget to add me to your facebook: Kayleigh Brickey Designs

No comments:

Post a Comment